Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

XC60 Recharge T6 R Design... EV mode performance? Or RAV4 Prime?

nickc72

Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
nothing
Hi Each

I'm ordering a new company car and am on the fence between the RAV4 PHEV (Prime in the USA) top spec model, and, the XC60 Recharge T6 R Design with several packs. Bizarrely both work out at a similar monthly cost from my allowance and the trade up contribution I make despite the Toyota having a much lower total cost and lower UK BiK tax. I can only explain this by depreciation differences and acquisition cost differences from my company car people but I'm at risk of just guessing.

Loving the 2022 R Design inside and out in Platinum Grey, with the Google infotainment, great 360 camera views. Marvellous. But here is what's holding me back...

A single rear wheel driving weedy electric motor. I drive short personal trips mostly (under 30 miles) but with occassional 400 mile round trips with work (they pay the fuel) and occassional trips up to the Lakes (place up there in the mountains) for pleasure (150 mile round trip) hence the AWD and SUV needed. I'm not too fussed about the poor fuel economy (a half of that for the Toyota) but am bothered about poor EV 0 to 62mph time.

Does anyone know the 0 to 62 time for the T6 in EV mode? If it's better than 9 sec it's better than the Toyota. If acceleration is worse, sluggish, in EV mode I'll end up just driving the Volvo around in petrol mode which defeats the object as well as starting being expensive. I'm also bothered about the slow charge which I think is 3.3kW. I have a 7.4kW home charger installed.

I love the Toyota too but it has a dated cockpit, it's not quite premium but it does have amazing EV range, 2 hour charge, and you don't even notice the ICE is ever running in hybrid mode. Quiet and the CVT gorgeously smooth. It also does 0 to 60 in 5.7s so no slouch and no turbocharger supercharger racket. And the dealerships are utterly brilliant (wife had a Toyota for 7 years and it was super service). I've twice left messages with the Volvo dealership on the other hand and they couldnt be arsed getting back to me. So that puts me off especially as I just gave back my last company car (a shocking tale of a Peugeot 3008 hybrid4 and Peugeot the company slimey weasling their way out of warrantee repairs leaving an unbelievable car for 3 to 4 of 9 months of owning ...another story... horror story I care not to repeat).

Thoughts welcome.
N

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk