Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

Xc60 recharge 2022 scheduled charging problems

Will

Reactions
City
Buxton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Xc60 t6 plug in hybrid
has anyone had problems with scheduled charging their plug in hybrid?

I have had a Synch EV charger installed which operates with an app. I am unable to get the car to charge at the time my power provider provides the cheapest electricity ie 12:30-4:30am.

the app provider has been very helpful and are saying that the car is going into “deep sleep“ and that the charge point is unable to activate the car.

I have also discovered that scheduled charging via the Volvo app is not available for this model operating with Google operating system. Volvo tells me that the software developers are working on this. How long does it take to sort this basic function out???

to take advantage of the off peak electricity I am forced to get out of bed and plug the car in at 12:30. Crazy

any suggestions or advice on how I get an undisturbed nights sleep and a charged up car in the mornping?

thanks

wyenot?

Reactions
City
Hereford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark PHEV
has anyone had problems with scheduled charging their plug in hybrid?

I have had a Synch EV charger installed which operates with an app. I am unable to get the car to charge at the time my power provider provides the cheapest electricity ie 12:30-4:30am.

the app provider has been very helpful and are saying that the car is going into “deep sleep“ and that the charge point is unable to activate the car.

I have also discovered that scheduled charging via the Volvo app is not available for this model operating with Google operating system. Volvo tells me that the software developers are working on this. How long does it take to sort this basic function out???

to take advantage of the off peak electricity I am forced to get out of bed and plug the car in at 12:30. Crazy

any suggestions or advice on how I get an undisturbed nights sleep and a charged up car in the mornping?

thanks
I've not tried a Volvo schedule charge because I achieve the same easily with a TAPO P110 wi-fi plug. £10 from Amazon and it works perfectly and can be scheduled as well as instant switching from my iPhone. It is limited to 2.2kW on the granny lead but the Volvo doesn't do much more than that anyway. It also records kWh which is useful in costing the electric charge daily or monthly.