Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

High level brake light

Reactions
City
Dumbarton..Scotland
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 XC60
Anyone replaced theirs ? That centre mount looks impossible to get to.

Edit: Actually, it's easier than first thought.. that centre fixing (10 mil nut). Using a deep 10 mil socket and a pair of pliers, locate the socket using your fingers, once in situ and supporting the socket with one hand grab a pair of pliers and turn the socket around one revolution, this should allow you to rotate the socket without the need for an attachment/ratchet or knuckle. It will come off quite easily. When refitting, simply do the same in reverse.

One important thing I should mention it would appear the replacement OE LED strip supplied doesn't come with a 4th spigot, which has a corresponding recess hole to which it should engage, thus leaving it open to the element's. I solved this by cutting a small square out of a milk container and using some silicone covered the opening.

I'm quite sure that my repair looks pretty solid.

It was dark when I finished, and I never took images which is not like me ....

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited: