City
NSW
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
SAAB 9-5 1999
Hi, Im looking at jumping into an First Gen XC90 and I do all my own vehicle maintenance/repairs (well thats the way its been for my SAAB's and VW's fro the last 40 years) and essential tool for a modern motor vehicle is the appropriate scan tool / programmer. For the SAAB its the Tech2 for VW its VCDS.

The big question is what do you use for a Volvo? Ive seen some references to a software package called VIDA.

SwissXC90

Reactions
City
Cross Country
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
Hi, Im looking at jumping into an First Gen XC90 and I do all my own vehicle maintenance/repairs (well thats the way its been for my SAAB's and VW's fro the last 40 years) and essential tool for a modern motor vehicle is the appropriate scan tool / programmer. For the SAAB its the Tech2 for VW its VCDS.

The big question is what do you use for a Volvo? Ive seen some references to a software package called VIDA.
Vida and only Vida all the way. Scanning is only 10% of what it can do. It has full parts list, exploded diagrams, functional and technical descriptions, fault finding methods for each problem, measurement and graphing capabilities, and much more.

It’s the factor Volvo tool used by the dealer

It doesn’t get better than Vida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saabman

Reactions
City
NSW
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
SAAB 9-5 1999
Ok So the next question is...

Ebay versions suitable or is that not recommended?

Reactions
City
Fort Washington
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 XC90
I found a nice one on Amazon. Just check their site. They have a lot of good tools.