sakdam

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T6
Have a 2017 XC90 t6 with a strange noise coming from the passenger side rear wheel well with the engine off. Haven?t noticed it with the engine on. It?s almost a high pitched humming noise emitting from the upper wheel well directly behind the fuel fill door.
Any thoughts or insight on this?

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 xc90 t6 momentum, Denim Blue
Is this with air suspension or spring?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
High Pitched Humming Noise

Have a 2017 XC90 t6 with a strange noise coming from the passenger side rear wheel well with the engine off. Haven?t noticed it with the engine on. It?s almost a high pitched humming noise emitting from the upper wheel well directly behind the fuel fill door.
Any thoughts or insight on this?

Last week my 2016 XC90 T6 had the same noise. Started the car than turned it off and the noise was gone and I haven't heard it since. I don't know what caused it, but please let me know if anyone comes up with a answer. I was thinking maybe fuel pump, but that's a guess. Thanks

sakdam

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T6
From the same location?

Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T6 AWD
This is the #1 Google Result for "Volvo XC90 noise by rear tire when off"

Thought I'd give the answer for whoever is googling this at 1:30 in the morning someday. :unsure:

Noise from under the vehicle
NOTE
You may hear a noise from under the vehicle approximately 5 to 10 hours after the engine is turned off. However, this does not indicate a malfunction.
This noise is caused by the operation of the fuel evaporation leakage checking system and the operation is normal. The noise will stop after approximately 15 minutes.