Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Good Evening,

It has been almost year upon arrival of my CPO '16 XC90 Inscription. It is an awesome and stunning car, though it is developing issues similar to that of a Mercedes, meaning poor reliability. I do not know if it is just me having these problems:

First, since we took delivery of the vehicle, the Auto start-stop system just refused to work no matter what we would try. (If I recall correctly it only worked once). Took it in and after an extensive diagnosis they found a faulty battery which was replaced under warranty.
Fast-forward 2 months and the vehicle developed a nice leak towards the rear of the sunroof. Found a faulty seal and replaced under warranty.
Now, the check engine light is on and the code is a P219A...it baffles me how a vehicle with only 26k miles has developed a fuel-air ratio imbalance!! [?|] I have yet to take it in.

When we were purchasing the car it looked nice to us, but later we noticed a tremendous amount of wear and tear on the vehicle (was a lease, which were not informed of as well...). I polished and ceramic coated the vehicle and it looks like new. Not to mention the "#1 Volvo dealer in the USA"...(*ahem* Glen cove) refused to acknowledge (at time of sale) a chunk sized hole in rear tail-lamp plus a plethora of scratches and swirl marks.

Anyhow, anyone else having similair issues?

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Without starting the vehicle, press and hold the RIGHT D-Pad button on your steering wheel (enter).
After pressing the right button, continue to hold the button while turning the ignition on, and hold the ignition on with the button pressed for 4 to 5 seconds. Some lights and or buzzers may sound.
(DO NOT PRESS THE BRAKE)

I found this process, while holding the LEFT button, will disengage the auto start stop system semi-permanently (until you do the procedure with the right button to turn it back on). And it may take a few stops to return to normal.

I'm not sure everyone knows about this, I found it by accident.

The text in the RPM gage will remain shown in black, unlike how it disappears totally if you turn it off with the Sensus button.

Worth a shot IMO

And, no problems here....about to hit 50k with my 2017.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Hmm...well that's interesting. My colleague also owns an XC90 T6 Momentum and hates the start-stop feature.
Thanks for sharing.

BTW, do you own an inscription with the upgraded audio or stock?

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Yes, T6 Inscription with all the goodies :)

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
Remember Auto/Start/Stop only works in cooler temps. It does not work in the hotter temps due to A/C staying on while idling,stopped. Just saying.
Ours works great.

Never had a check engine light but we bought ours new.

I am wondering if the CPO was turned in with problems? i.e. why they did not buy it out of lease... Again, just saying.

I rarely buy used cars because you just don't know how they were treated beforehand.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
True, but considering the substantial depreciation lost when purchasing a new vehicle, plus a 100k warranty, it wasn't a bad deal...:)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
UPDATE: dealer diagnosed a faulty 02 sensor and vehicle is running like new again. I'm happy!