Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

Experienced the dreaded high speed vibration...

Reactions
City
Stockholm
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
XC60
Cruising at around 70mph, my XC60 AWD started vibrating. Pulled over and checked the tires. No noticeable issues. Continued driving, all fine but an hour further down the road a similar though shorter shake. Car has 20k miles, just been serviced.
Looked up on the Internet, lots of stories of faulty props on XC60s, and lots of stories of dealers and VCC not being able/interested in fixing it.
Anyone able to provide me some guidance?

Reactions
City
Stockholm
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
XC60
Cruising at around 70mph, my XC60 AWD started vibrating. Pulled over and checked the tires. No noticeable issues. Continued driving, all fine but an hour further down the road a similar though shorter shake. Car has 20k miles, just been serviced.
Looked up on the Internet, lots of stories of faulty props on XC60s, and lots of stories of dealers and VCC not being able/interested in fixing it.
Anyone able to provide me some guidance?
Dealer inspected and found slack alternator band. Replaced that, updated software,fingers crossed.
Unfortunately hasn't solved it. Got the vibrations just pulling away from a parking lot, lasted about a minute then stopped.
No further vibe on the way home.
Will talk to the dealer again.

jverdon

Reactions
City
Fort Mill
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 xc60
I have same issue, I have new tires and brakes is somthing getting caught in the wheel?