Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

Doors of my XC60 getting locked with the key inside

SAM

Reactions
City
Madurai
State
Non-US
Country
India
What I Drive
XC60 (2014)
I had faced this issue of the doors of my Volvo XC60 getting locked with the key in the keyhole inside the car. This happened on two occasions. The first time, as I was away from my home and I had to get my papers which was inside the car , I had to break open the glass to open the door. Second time it happend two days ago, I had to wait for my duplicate key to open the doors. Has anyone faced similar problem?

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Yes it's happened to me before, even the app wasn't able to unlock the door. Sorry you had to break the window.

SAM

Reactions
City
Madurai
State
Non-US
Country
India
What I Drive
XC60 (2014)
Thank you Ron. I would appreciate feedback from others on this issue.

4life211

Reactions
City
ontario
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
xc60 3.0t 2010
Isn't keyless option?

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Dumbarton..Scotland
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 XC60
I know this is Volvo related and a thread revival but exact same thing happened to me on my Audi RS4, thankfully one of my windows was open about 3" and was able to get a brush handle to reach the door button.

I, too, thought if the key was inside, the car was smart enough to figure this out and wouldn't auto lock. What a PITA.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited: