Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

SOLVED! - 2015 Volvo XC60 has a High-Pitched Dog Whistle

Victory60

Reactions
City
Pompano Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 xc60
This high-pitched noise is on for 3 seconds then off for 3 seconds and then back on the 3, off for 3 - intermittent like that - for as long as the car is on.

It is not coming from the engine compartment. It is on whether the A/C is on or off. We have tried to see if it stops or changes if you turn on/off various things in the car. You can hear it even if the radio is playing (obviously not, if you turn up the radio volume enough).

It seems like it is a beacon - as if the car is searching for a Bluetooth or WiFi signal to connect with.

The Service Advisor has listened to it, and put his ear close to various components. He has ruled out the engine compartment and the A/C. The Service Advisor agrees that it seems to be coming from somewhere near the media controls in the center console. He has not run into this problem before and is as baffled as me.

I am open to suggestions...

Update: SOLVED! Working with the Service Advisor, we learned that the vehicle was behind on software updates. I choked at the price, as it was over $600. SA claimed that Volvo actually charges the dealer for these, so he could not mark them down. (We also learned that other major car manufacturers, like Audi, also charge their customers in this manner.)

In attempting to initiate the downloads, it was discovered that the USB port was bad. Another $128.

Bottom line: High-Pitched whistle is gone! Not sure which fix solved this problem.

Last edited: