stensby

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Jaguar XJR 1998, VW Touareg 2006
I received a letter from the MD of Volvo UK today through my dealer explaining that T8 production won't start until December "due to the very high specification mix". Apparently all vehicles built at the Torslanda plant are affected is some way.

What have people in other counties been told?

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I received a letter from the MD of Volvo UK today through my dealer explaining that T8 production won't start until December "due to the very high specification mix". Apparently all vehicles built at the Torslanda plant are affected is some way.

What have people in other counties been told?
A few months ago my salesman told me the T8 is supposed to arrive by winter.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
XC60 2011 - XC90 T8 feb 2016
I would appreciate an update on this topic, My T8 production was moved from August to December but I was under the understanding that the very first US spec'ed T8 would be built mid October.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I ordered my T8 from Southern California dealer last June and was given a October date followed very quickly by a November 11, 2015 delivery date. Then on September 17, I received a phone call from dealer telling me it had been extended to January 2016. They said that only those models that included the vision package were effected because a supplier connected with the vision package could not keep up with demand. They said those models that did not include the vision package would be going through production without delay.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
Our T8 was build last week and will be delivered in about 2/3 weeks from now. I ordered the car early Januari and had several different productionweeks before this one (40, 34, 40, 45 and now 43).
I live in the Netherlands and due to tax reasons we will be getting our T8's before the rest of the world, lucky us....:)

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Just received a call form Volvo of North America saying that all the T8s were being held up at the port by the EPA because of the Volkswagen diesel mileage scandal. So now my latest January 8, 2016 date is no not accurate. They have not provided a new delivery date yet. 7 months already. Too many delays.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Well, got a call from my Volvo dealer on Sunday 1/17/2016 that my car is ready for pick up that I ordered in June of 2015. Picked it up on Monday. They did offer me free Apple Carplay for the long wait, so that was nice ($300+ cost item that I thought came free with the car). I think it is one of the first in the US. Dealers still haven't gotten their allotment. I am still learning all the features (there is a lot to learn). Love it in so many ways. Lots of luxury, and unique tech stuff. Really, really awesome. Just as ordered, except they forgot to install the rear trailer hitch.

However, there are some disappointments: Official and actual distance on all electric is only a measly 13 miles (was told it would be 25-30 by dealer), and fuel tank is only 13 gallons (US) which really brings down the range, and then while waiting for the car California ran out of car pool stickers on 12/18/15 ;-(. Also the 220v outlet the charger needed that was on the charger company's website was incorrect and had to go get the proper 220 receptacle outlet and rewire it in my garage. Takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes for a full charge.